Web Developer (WordPress)
Location: Boston, MA
We are currently growing our Engineering team in Boston, MA, and are looking for a Web Developer to lead our consumer-facing Marketing web projects. You will work with both the Product Development and Marketing teams to plan, develop, and test new content, features, and web site capabilities. You’ll develop new websites for various marketing initiatives and implement best-practices for maintaining existing content and sites. You’ll also work closely with Engineering and Ops to monitor the web site’s performance and stability, and recommend and implement improvements.
If you’re a craftsman and love working in a true Engineering culture committed to building the “right things, the right way”, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Front-end development
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Building responsive layouts
- Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
- Working with offshore developers on specific project deliverables to assure scope, quality and timely delivery
- Developing documentation for complex systems
- Designing and implementing automated content migration processes
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform)
- Monitoring health and uptime of site
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress, specifically multi-environment content promotion techniques.
- Knowledge of industry-standard 3rd-party integrations and tools like Google Tag Manager, Marketo, MailChimp, Gravity Forms, etc.
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
About Cure Forward
Why don’t patients know how to access the breakthrough advances being made by genomic medicine? Why can’t we use technology to transform how people access the service that matters most — cancer treatment?
These are the questions that kept us up at night.
Cure Forward is the vision of a small team in Boston, MA. We want to create a platform to connect patients with clinical trials, bringing the possibilities of precision medicine directly in reach. A way to use the best of technology to help people diagnosed with life-altering disease discover all their options. We want to make it easy for patients to understand the root cause of their conditions and put the knowledge to work.
We felt making this happen was worth staying up all night.