Principal Software Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
We are currently growing our Engineering team in Boston, MA, and are looking for a Principal Software Engineer. In this role, you will lead our Boston-based software team in the development of our newest and most mission-critical platform features. You will spend the majority of your time writing killer code in a modern, agile environment. You and your team will also continuously improve our product development methodology, our software engineering best practices, and our software quality standards; your team’s example will serve as the Engineering “reference implementation” for our offshore development teams.
If you’re a craftsman and love working in a true Engineering culture committed to building the “right things, the right way”, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
The responsibilities of a Cure Forward Principal Software Engineer include:
- Lead our primary Software Development team in Boston, MA
- Write code that is elegant and long-living
- Architect, design and develop quality software solutions
- Investigate new technologies, processes and techniques and actively recommend them to the Engineering team and beyond
- Evolve development standards and processes and establish a culture of continuous improvement
- Mentor and assist other developers in both technology and technique
Become a subject matter expert on Cure Forward’s application software
Key Selection Factors
The ideal Cure Forward Principal Software Engineer possesses the following skills and qualities:
- BS or MS in Comp Science or Bio-Info (with focus on Comp Science), or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience architecting, designing and developing enterprise scale web applications
- Expert level knowledge of Java and/or Python in a cloud-native environment
- A passion for agile software development best practices
- Practical experience with major open source frameworks is preferred
- Experience with automated test frameworks like Selenium, Robot, and JMeter is a plus
Exposure to mobile web, hybrid and/or native mobile application development is a plus
About Cure Forward
Why don’t patients know how to access the breakthrough advances being made by genomic medicine? Why can’t we use technology to transform how people access the service that matters most — cancer treatment?
These are the questions that kept us up at night.
Cure Forward is the vision of a small team in Boston, MA. We want to create a platform to connect patients with clinical trials, bringing the possibilities of precision medicine directly in reach. A way to use the best of technology to help people diagnosed with life-altering disease discover all their options. We want to make it easy for patients to understand the root cause of their conditions and put the knowledge to work.
We felt making this happen was worth staying up all night.