Front End Developer (PHP & Angular)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Cure Forward is an online platform for precision medicine, in which treatment is tailored to a person’s unique disease. We help cancer patients and their care teams get their data, understand it, and find answers. At Cure Forward, people become “citizen scientists”, working closely with their doctors to explore treatment options including clinical trials. The platform includes a unique clinical trial exchange that works like a matchmaking service for trials, where the patients receive invitations from trials that are interested in them. The platform is in beta, and we are ramping commercialization in 2016.
We are currently growing our software development team with key engineering talent. This person will build upon our beta product through continuous improvements and feature expansion. They’ll make sure that our product delivers on our marketing value promise and that it is usable and accessible to our B2B and B2C audiences. Our pipeline is deep and rich with opportunity to make the current product better, to add functionality, and to pivot to other therapeutic areas and geographic markets. A successful candidate will have the ability apply commercial software development experience in a dynamic, mission-oriented environment.
This position is an opportunity for someone with a background in health care or Internet product development to execute through and beyond a significant launch at a highly regarded, venture-backed startup that is already beginning to make a difference in patients’ lives.
The individual will be responsible for delivering an innovative and meaningful approach to patient care in the emerging precision medicine space. Key activities will include:
- Reviewing current systems. Become familiar with our multi-tenant, highly integrated, cloud-based (AWS) platform that utilizes modern, highly-available systems.
- Recommending design methodologies and tool sets based on requirements. Compare and articulate advantages and disadvantages of multiple approaches.
- Coding against well-defined user stories. Build software in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ensuring high quality software and world-class customer experience. Minimize defects through code and design reviews with the product development team.
- Collaborating closely with product managers, designers, QA, support and sales. Ensure a “360” understanding of the Cure Forward brand and value proposition.
- Participating in team meetings, including daily scrum calls. Help grow a vibrant, mission-oriented culture and workplace.
Key Selection Factors
A successful Front End Developer candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years of successful software development with deep experience in the following technologies:
- PHP5 (Symfony framework, Zend framework, Yii framework, WordPress, Silverstripe Smarty)
- HTML (HTML4, XHTML, HTML5)
- Media streaming
- ORM Doctrine
- ORM Propel
- MySQL and POSTGRES
- Experience with software development life cycle (requirements, analysis, design, development, and documentation).
- Good working knowledge with version control, issue tracking, and build and release management.
- Skilled with investigation, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving software problems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. A demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts in clear and concise language.
- A start-up mindset: genuine interest in working at all levels to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, lean, unstructured, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Compassion and empathy, combined with passion and positivity, to be a driving force for meaningful innovation.