#CTSM: Clinical Trial Awareness Week
The timing of this month’s #CTSM (Clinical Trials Social Media) Chat couldn’t be better: it falls during the third annual Clinical Trials Awareness Week. This week of awareness is hosted by the Coalition for Clinical Trials Awareness, whose mission is:
“to advocate for the creation of a federally sponsored public awareness campaign to increase the public’s understanding of the benefits of clinical trials.”
This page on the Coalition’s website explains the pitfalls of a lack of awareness and understanding of clinical trials, and the benefits associated with the public’s better understanding of them.
Our chat is the third in a series of tweetchats about the topic this week.
Then, the Coalition for Clinical Trials Awareness (@CCTAwareness) and Empowered Patient Chat (@patientchat) held a special chat on the topic: “Can Digital Media Save Clinical Trials? #CTAW2017.” That transcript can be found here.
We hope you will join us to continue the conversation!
- T1. Tell us about your understanding of #clinicaltrials for cancer — how did you learn about #clinicaltrials? And if so, what has made you aware of them?
- T1a. What have you seen in the mainstream media about #clinicaltrials (for example, via ads or TV series, like a recent Grey’s Anatomy episode)?
- T1b. What about online communities and social media? Have they contributed to your awareness of #clinicaltrials?
- T2. Let’s dream up ideas to better raise awareness about #clinicaltrials for cancer.
- T3. If you could make one change to the way #clinicaltrials work, what would it be?
- T4. What’s the one thing you will do this week to raise awareness about #clinicaltrials?
Get started and a Cure Forward Clinical Trial Navigator will help you access active clinical trial options.